The Reality advantage
The best realism possible with the easiest, most enjoyable workflow. Nothing else comes close.
10 reasons to use Reality
- The most accurate PBR, unbiased rendering system, based on LuxRender, the benchmark of quality in the field.
- The easiest material editor in the industry.
- Non-blocking rendering: continue working in Daz Studio or Poser while the render runs.
- Adjust the light's intensity and color while the render runs.
- Adjust the scene's exposure while the render runs.
- Use GPU and CPU acceleration at the same time.
- Use GPUs from nVidia, AMD, or other brands, and you can mix them together.
- Apply film emulation to create a new, more filmic look.
- Physically-Based Materials make it intuitive to edit your scene. No confusing nodes or endless lists of properties.
- Run multiple renders at the same time.
- Same interface whether you use the Poser or Daz Studio editions.
- Automatic presets simplify your workflow.
- Share material presets with other Reality artists.
- Use the same presets in the Poser and Daz Studio edition of Reality.
- Stop and resume the render at any time.
- Unlimited network rendering, even with mixed OSes (Mac OC, Windows, and Linux machines).
- Fully documented.
Reasons #11-17 were bonus ;).
Reality has built-in Physics-Based Materials. At any time you know what kind of material your editing. For example, Reality has four types of glass: Standard, Architectural, Volumetric and Frosted. Choosing a type is just a click, there is no need for special shaders:
And this is what you can do with it:
Reality’s physics-based materials are a snap to use and you can count on the following types, all included in the program:
- Skin, with SSS.
- Glass, four kinds, all gorgeous.
- Water, with multiple ripple patterns. The most realistic water you can have in Poser.
- Metal, with presets for Gold, Silver, Chrome, Copper and more.
- Mirror, dead easy to use.
- Cloth, with presets for Denim, Cotton, and Silk.
Plus Reality includes a great library of presets including great Car Paint colors.
Rendering without limits
Reality renders your scene via an external app, so that you can go back to Poser while the image renders in the background. You can continue making changes in Poser as much as you want, or even start a new scene. You can also stop the render and restart it hours later and it will resume exactly from where it was stopped. This is rendering without limits.
No “spaghetti” shaders
Ever looked at a node system and got discouraged by its complexity? We understand the feeling. There are no nodes in Reality while you still get all the power of an advanced material editor. Fourteen types of textures, unlimited mixing, no nodes.
20x faster rendering
Since 2012 Reality has been the benchmark of realism for Poser. With version 4.1 it’s also extremely fast. CPU rendering is up to 20 times faster and the new GPU-based rendering is blazingly fast.
Change the light intensity while rendering
Ever found that you spent minutes waiting for a render just to find out that one light needed adjusting? With Reality you can make that correction on the spot, while the image is rendering. Thanks to the power of LuxRender you can change intensity and color of the lights while the image is still rendering. The same for the overall brightness of the image. No need to re-render.
Automatic Poser shader conversion
Reality automatically converts the Poser shaders, including the procedural textures. Right out of the box you get great results with the automatic converter. The Reality Material Editor gives you the power to tweak and perfect those materials by taking advantage of the Reality Physics-Based Materials for superior realism and stunning results.
Reality gives you one of the fastest CPU renderers in the market, and if you have a modern OpenCL GPU you can render using that device as well. With OpenCL you can use GPUs from any vendor, including AMD and nVidia. And you can use all the cores of your CPU plus the any number of GPU devices at the same time.
What's Included and Features
- What’s new since version 4.0:
- Up to 20 times faster CPU rendering with seamless integration of LuxRender new rendering modes
- GPU+CPU rendering via OpenCL (64-bit, Windows only)
- LuxRender directly included with Reality
- Advanced Multi-edit, to intelligently change textures, material types, and presets on multiple materials simultaneously
- One-click editing of Color and Image map textures
- New Universal Presets, including several Car Paint materials
- Customizable Top Coat channel for the Skin material
- Ability to simultaneously use Normal maps and Bump maps in a material
- One-click disabling/enabling of SSS
- Reality 4.0 features
- The following list highlights some of the top new features of Reality 4:
- Support for Genesis, Genesis 2, and every DSON-imported model
- Automatic Presets library with presets for V6, G6, M6 and many others. Presets work across Poser and DAZ Studio
- Preset manager allows you import and export any number of presets with ease
- Material library with presets for Metals, Jade, Latex etc. Make your own and reuse any time. Share them with other Reality artists
- User-defined textures with the Cloth material
- Material synchronization
- New look, which integrates perfectly with Poser
- New Mesh Light with Snoot (to control light spill), and Gobo (to create special lighting effects)
- Faster, more responsive UI
- Support for International versions of Poser
- Improved editing of procedural textures
- Improved conversion of Poser materials
- Automatic Installer
- Reality User's Guide, a detailed guide that includes examples, tutorials and reference information.
- And much more
- Updated to version 4.1.1:
- Texture tearing, which could happen with accelerated modes, has been resolved
- For the Poser edition we have added support for OS X 10.11 "El Capitan"
- Anti-aliasing for the "Extra Boost" option has been improved
- The Windows self-extracting distribution files now have a graphic UI and they ask for a destination folder for the expansion of the archive
- This product includes:
- Reality 4 - Poser Edition - Mac OS
- Reality 4 - Poser Edition - Windows 32-bit
- Reality 4 - Poser Edition - Windows 64-bit
- This product is only downloadable through the Product Library. It is not available through DIM.
- Requires either:
- Poser 9/Pro 2012 with Service Release 3 installed
- Poser 10/Pro 2014 with Service Release 3 or higher installed
- System requirements:
- OS X: 10.7 or higher
- Windows: 7 or higher
- Dual-core CPU, quad-core suggested
- 2GB RAM, 4GB minimum recommended
- Poser 9 with SR3 or above
- Here is what's new:
- Simpler than before. The scene file name is gone. Now, all you have to do is to specify the image file name that you want and then click the "Render" button.
- New look is cleaner and makes the Reality window easier to read.
- Startup scene for DAZ Studio. Load the scene, add your character, select the camera, render. Excellent lighting without effort.
- Added preset for Poser's Pauline.
- No math for you! The "Color Math" texture is now called "Texture Combine." A more descriptive name can help.
- Simpler glass. What was named "Transmission" now is "Tint." Again, a more descriptive name helps in knowing what the property does. Reality is all about being artist-friendly.
- Metal improvements. The default Metal conversion renders more realistically than before and it automatically enables the "Custom Metal" option if the host's material had an image map in it.
- Copy/Paste commands added to the right-click menu, as they were in Reality 2.x.
- Added the ability to use an Automatic Preset just to change the material type.
- Added option to use TIFF files for IBL.
- Important bug fixes:
- Error message about "no light source" when loading a scene saved with Reality 4.0 has been resolved.
- Improved reliability of the light editor.
- Fixed bug that prevented using bump maps with the Water material
- Posing controls from Poser 11 would appear in Reality. Fixed.
- Many other fixes.
- 2015-12-20 - 126.96.36.199
- Fixed bug that prevented rendering multiple hair props and other props in Poser
- Added synchronization of the Diffuse texture
- Added morph to scale the gobo of the mesh light
- Added morph to scale the snoot edge of the mesh light
- Added workaround for LuxRender 1.3 bug that causes textures to be lost when using Pure GPU rendering
- Changing the size of the sun now shows in LuxRender
- Fixed bug that prevented editing the sky intensity and type
- Fixed restoring of light presets when loading a saved scene
- Recognition of new materials is now immediate
- Changed LEM (Light Emitting Material) naming to separate each LEM for each object
- Slight change in the how Generic Presets work so that the cornea of characters defaults to clear glass
- Numerous fixes to the Reality User's Guide
- Fixed bug that caused unavoidable crash of Reality when a mirror material had the alpha channel different from default
- Fixed bug that caused the Automatic Preset to not be restored from a loaded scene
- Added "Keep UI responsive" flag in the Advanced tab
- When converting from Color Math to Color, where the Texture A is of type color, the color is preserved
- Fixed exporting of Mix texture for numeric types, for example, when used for Bump mapping
- Fixed bug that caused Reality to "forget" a shutter speed of 1/30
- Increased the limits for displacement
- Speed improvements
- Added FLM save optimization (conserves RAM when running Lux)