Update your favorite Genesis shapes to Genesis 9!
Figure Converter for Genesis 9 is a plugin for Daz Studio 4.20 and above that can convert old Genesis shapes to Genesis 9 in seconds. It supports Genesis 3, 8, and 8.1 source figures, both female and male, all in one product. By default, it creates separate head and body morphs.
For Daz Published Artists (PAs) with access to high-resolution morphs, the tool will convert high-resolution character morphs as well.
Like the Pose Companion, the Figure Converter does not inspect any files or directories on disk. It operates directly on the current scene:
1. Load the Genesis figure that you want to convert into the scene and a stock Genesis 9 figure. Select both in the Scene tab.
2. Run the utility (either with the menu item in the new Convert menu or with the Ctrl + Alt + C keyboard shortcut).
3. In the window that appears, keep all the default options and press Convert. Wait a few seconds, and your Genesis 9 will have new shape morphs with the conversions.
The tool will then also offer you to save the new morphs as morph support assets into a content library, making them available to all Genesis 9 figures. See the screenshots for details.
The tool converts only shapes, not materials or geografts (such as horns or tails).
While the tool has reasonable defaults to convert most figures, Genesis 9 has separate geometries for eyes and teeth. Those parts of the source figure shape will not be converted. Figures with extreme deformations in the morphs (like monsters) may need manual adjustments for the eyeballs.
Comes with 64-bit Windows and Mac binaries and a comprehensive PDF manual.
What's Included and Features
- Figure Converter for Genesis 9: (.DLL and .DYLIB)
- Concise but comprehensive PDF manual
- Adds new "Convert" menu to the main menu bar with:
- "Convert selected Genesis 3/8/8.1 figure" to launch the tool
- Open Figure Converter PDF manual
- Ctrl + Alt + C keyboard shortcut to launch the tool
- "Convert figure" main tool window:
- Four dials for frequently used base morphs (applicable Genesis 9 clone morph, "Base feminine" and "Base masculine" shapes, "Proportion height" with auto-adjust "magic" button
- Automatically adjust "Proportion height" to make Genesis 9 the same height as the source figure
- Allows for configuring the path for the new morphs
- Allows for creating a single morph, or separate head and body morphs (the default)
- Can automatically run "adjust rigging to shape" after the conversion
- For Daz Published Artists (PAs), allows for converting high-resolution morphs
- "Conversion complete" window
- Allows for testing the new morphs
- Offers to save the new morphs as support assets, to make them available for all Genesis 9 figures on the system
Genesis 8.1 Male, Genesis 9, Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 3 Male, Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 8 Male, Genesis 8.1 Female
Daz Studio 4.21
DazCentral, DIM, Manual Install