LAV-25 is an eight-wheeled armored personnel carrier (APC) used by the United States Marine Corps built by General Dynamics Land Systems Canada, based on the Swiss Mowag Piranha family of armored fighting vehicles.
Powered by a 6V53T Detroit Diesel Turbo-Charged engine, they are 4 wheel drive (rear wheels) transferable to 8-wheel drive. These vehicles are also amphibious, meaning they have the ability to "swim", but are limited to non-surf bodies of water (no oceans). While engaged in amphibious operations, the maximum speed is approximately 12 km/h. The current SLEP (Service Life Extension Program) modifications will hinder amphibious ops. Typical land speeds are approximately 100 km/h (62.5 mph) in either 4 or 8-wheel drive, however fuel economy decreases in 8-wheel drive. The vehicles operate on diesel fuel, and require 3 weights of lubricants to remain in running condition. They are equipped with a M242 Bushmaster 25 mm cannon, two M240 7.62 mm machine guns, and 2 4-barrel grenade salvos usually loaded with smoke canisters and located on the forward left and right sides of the turret. The crew is three; Vehicle commander (VC), gunner and driver, and six passengers (scouts) with combat gear.
* DAZ Studio prop: dsf, duf/ png, with 108,587 polygons.
* Top turret can rotate, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* The top left and right hatches can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* The front left and right hatches can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* The rear hatches open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* The vehicle does not include an interior, though there is an opening under the hatches.
* The left and right propellers rotate for moving through water, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* Rear rudders can rotate, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* The top machine gun can rotate around and tilt up and down.
* Four textures, at 3000x1500 pixels with corresponding material files:
- Desert Camo
- DS2LAI (tan with unit markings)
- Forest (dark greens)
- Woods (green and white)
* All of the materials use Iray shaders.
The vehicle does not include an interior, though there is an opening under the hatches in which you can pose your figures.
Additional modifications and military consultation by: Daniel Merrill (mcdlabs)
All sales images rendered in DAZ Studio with an HDRI skydome environment.
Designed for use in DAZ Studio 4.9 and above with Iray. Not recommended for use in other software programs.