Soft Skin Transitions 2 for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males consists of a set of more pronounced opacity masks (with twice the variation) meant to be applied to a provided Geoshell to, quickly and easily, create transitions between two skins/textures applied to a single character from within the comfort of DAZ Studio.
This pack is a larger expansion (double the LIE presets) of the first pack of Soft Skin Transitions. So now you can mix and match the LIE Masks between the packs to increase the combinations between almost any skins* in your arsenal to create brand-new looks.
This is perfect for showing a character that may have been experimented on. Or perhaps he is the product of two races coming together and producing an entirely new way of life. What type of meaning you give the resulting skin is up to you!
This utility pack consists of 3 Wearable Presets, 106 LIE Mask Presets, and 18 Visibility Presets. The product should work with both Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males. And since Genesis 3 uses the same UVs as Genesis 8, the presets should be compatible to work with the previous generation so long as the skin applied to the Transitional Geoshell Wearable uses the Base Genesis 3 Male UVs.
While this was created to blend two skins together, you can push the product further by blending in other types of materials. To that end, we included an Iray Charcoal Skin Material Presets with eight color variations to blend into the underlying skin. It's important to note that this material is set to work with Genesis 8 UVs only. This is to ensure compatibility with both Genesis 8 and 8.1.
Of course, keep in mind that when using shaders, there are limitations, which are explained in detail in the included PDF Instruction Manual. In short, you'll need to set the tiling to 1 and use the Base Male UVs for the masks to look as intended. This will most certainly result in seams across the surfaces if the materials in question were not made specifically for the Base UVs.
*Important: Only skins using DAZ Iray Uber Base Shader can be applied to the Geoshell, as the cutout opacity channel is required to build the blending transitions. That said, your character CAN use the new PBR Skin Shader (as the underlying skin). It's just the Geoshell that's not compatible with the PBR Skin Shader.
As previously mentioned, a detailed PDF Guide has been included to guide you through the process of using this product. From its installation to its limitations and workarounds.
*This product is not a merchant resource.
What's Included and Features
- Soft Skin Transitions 2 for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males: (.DUF)
- Wearable Presets:
- SSTM22 01 Apply Trans Shell to 8.1M with 8.1M UVs
- SSTM22 01 Apply Trans Shell to 8.1M with 8M UVs
- SSTM22 01 Apply Trans Shell to 8M
- Iray Material Presets:
- 01.2 Transition Material Charcoal
- 01.2 Transition Material Charcoal Blue
- 01.2 Transition Material Charcoal Bronze
- 01.2 Transition Material Charcoal Gold
- 01.2 Transition Material Charcoal Green
- 01.2 Transition Material Charcoal Pink
- 01.2 Transition Material Charcoal Purple
- 01.2 Transition Material Charcoal Silver
- 01.3 Prepare Trans for 8.1M
- 01.3 Prepare Trans for 8M
- 106 Layered Image Editor Presets
- 03 Trans Eye Left Visibility ON
- 03 Trans Eye Right Visibility ON
- 03 Trans Eyes Visibility OFF
- 03 Trans Fingernails Visibility OFF/ON
- 03 Trans Toenails Visibility OFF/ON
- 04 Trans Visibility 8.1 Full
- 04 Trans Visibility 8.1 High
- 04 Trans Visibility 8.1 Med
- 04 Trans Visibility 8.1 Low
- 04 Trans Visibility Full
- 04 Trans Visibility High
- 04 Trans Visibility Med
- 04 Trans Visibility Low
- 05 Transition Shell Offset Closer
- 05 Transition Shell Offset Farther
- 05 Transition Shell Offset Reset
- Textures Include:
- 168 Texture, Bump, Normal, Specular, and Transparency Maps (4096 x 4096)
- Daz Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF)
Genesis 8 Male, Genesis 8.1 Male
Daz Studio 4.20
DazCentral, Daz Connect, DIM, Manual Install