The Bell AH-1 Cobra is an attack helicopter. It shares a common engine, transmission and rotor system with the older UH-1 "Huey". It is variously called the "HueyCobra," "SeaCobra," "SuperCobra," "Whiskey Cobra," "Zulu Cobra," "Viper," or "Snake"; depending on the model.
The AH-1 was once the backbone of the United States Army's attack helicopter fleet, but has been replaced by the AH-64 Apache in Army service. In March, 1999, the last AH-1 Cobras were retired from active duty from the US Army. Upgraded versions continue to fly with the United States Marine Corps (AH-1W) and several other users.
* DAZ Studio prop: dsf, duf/ png, with 220,648 polygons.
* Detailed cockpit instrumentation panels.
* Upper rotor and blades can rotate, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* Upper blades can flex up and down, with a Pose Control dial on the Body, to simulate drooping blades when the helicopter has landed.
* Rear blades can rotate, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* All four canopy doors can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body for each door.
* Front and rear joysticks can move front/ back and left/ right.
* Front gun turret can rotate, with a Pose Control on the Body.
* Machine gun barrel can spin, with a Pose Control on the Body.
* Blade Blur prop included to simulate the spinning of the blades.
-Hide/ show presets for the upper blades and rear blades are included.
* The right and left weapons pods (two on each side) can be hidden or shown to suit the needs of your scene.
-The Trans dials have been enabled so you can make scenes of personnel loading the weapons onto the helicopter.
Hide/ Show Presets:
* Left Pod 1
* Left Pod 2
* Right Pod 1
* Right Pod 2
* Rear Blades/ blade blur
* Upper Blades/ blade blur
Textures/ Material Files:
* Texture sets includes texture maps, bump maps, and specular maps. The specular maps add "streaks" to the model.
* The Blade Blur props are mapped the same as the other Vanishing Point helicopters.
* Material files:
-Green No Mouth: the green coloring, but without the mouth and teeth
-Brown No Mouth: the brown coloring, but without the mouth and teeth
* All of the materials use Iray shaders.
All sales images rendered in DAZ Studio with an HDRI skydome environment.
Designed for use in DAZ Studio 4.9 and above with Iray. Not recommended for use in other software programs.
Software: DAZ Studio 4 With IRAY