Limiting beliefs can run rampant in your subconscious mind, and these beliefs can slow you down or stop you from pursuing your creative projects.
They put a hurdle in the way of believing that your dreams are not only possible but inevitable.
If you don’t deal with your limiting beliefs, they can hold you back from using your unique "creative voice" and producing artwork that will have an impact on the world.
What is a limiting belief? It’s a belief that limits what’s possible and available for you.
Limiting beliefs are rooted in misperception, and everyone has them. It’s your job to figure out what yours are, then deal with them, and let them go.
What are some examples of limiting beliefs that can pertain to digital artists?
- Digital art is too technical and I'll never keep up.
- I will never be as good an artist as X or Y!
- Nobody likes my art!
- I can't make a living out of digital art.
- I don't have enough time to do digital art.
- I'll never get any better!
You'll notice that some of these statements contain words like "never" and "nobody", suggesting a sense of hopelessness, but when examined more closely, it can be found that these statements aren't true at all!
More general limiting beliefs for artists may include:
- Fear of success
- Feat of failure
- Fear of rejection
This tutorial includes a presentation that helps you to identify your limiting beliefs as an artist and then gives pointers on how to reframe or get over them.
It includes stories from community members on how they felt limited as artists to start with and how they conquered these self-limitations.
Video searchable sample
Tutorial Workshops Hosted by Digital Art Live
We've been connecting, educating, and inspiring digital artists in our weekly live webinars since 2013. Look out for our community live workshops at the Digital Art Live website and our other tutorial products in the Daz 3D store.
Product artwork by Artur Rosa
What's Included and Features
- Video duration : 1 hour and 26 minutes
- This product includes a downloadable MP4 file and a searchable version of the recording with captions and transcript.
- Topics covered in this community tutorial:
- - Creative freedom vs Rules
- - What are limiting beliefs
- - How limiting beliefs affect artists
- - Typical limiting beliefs experienced by artists
- - Mindsets to have when you feel stuck
- - Causes of limiting beliefs
- - How experiences can create limiting beliefs
- - Three ways to identify limiting beliefs
- - Three ways to conquer or reframe limited beliefs
- - Peter von Stackelberg's experience with reluctance to push into new areas.
- - Peter's perspective as a teacher helping students with limited beliefs
- - Trevor Hancock's challenge with promoting digital art in traditional media shops
- - Fain's story on limiting beliefs
- - Bob Keck's story on taking a $10,000 pay cut to be a graphic designer and illustrator.
- - Tiffanie Gray's story on her goal of becoming a Published Artist
DazCentral, Daz Connect, DIM, Manual Install