Finally, use your favorite Genesis 8 Hair without limitations on your Genesis 9 characters! Automatically convert almost your entire library of hair items using the new Hair Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 9 or the Hair Converter from Genesis 8 Male to Genesis 9! The Hair Converter scripts provide batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis 8 Hair to Genesis 9 Hair in your library. Easily select the hair items in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your original Genesis 8 hair to the new Genesis 9 hair items.
Your new Genesis 9 hair is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 9 character. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 8 item will show for your converted Genesis 9 item.
- Convert Genesis 8 Hair, including multi-part hair such as wearables, for use by Genesis 9 characters.
- Adds new movement bones to converted hair, adding functionality the original products lacked (may not work with all dForce hair)
- Copies icons from Genesis 8 hair to Genesis 9 hair for a professional look
- Copies Smart Content Products! Converted hair will be organized into similar products as the original items. The converted product mirrors the original hair items' products, organizing multiple converted items into one converted product and even using the product image from the original products.
- Converted Hair is Smart Content enabled! All materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 8 item will show for your converted Genesis 9 item.
- Automatically convert your entire library of hair with one operation!
Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.
The script may not be able to convert all hair items without issues. Mid and high-level ponytails that were originally moved with bones will lose that functionality during the conversion process. In addition, though beards can be converted by the script, because of limitations in the conversion process, open-mouth expressions can possibly tear on the facial hair.
The script adds rigged bones to hairs on conversion, but cannot do this with hairs where the entire hair was grown from a cap with dForce (there isn't enough actual geometry to work with, because dForce strands can’t be seen as geometry by Transfer Utility). It WILL work with hairs like many AprilYSH hairs that have dForce but also have geometry.
What's Included and Features
- RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9: (.DSE)
- RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 9 Script
- RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 Male to Genesis 9 Script
- Detailed User Guide PDF
Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 8 Male, Genesis 8.1 Female, Genesis 8.1 Male, Genesis 9
Daz Studio 4.21
DazCentral, Daz Connect, DIM, Manual Install