Take control of your surfaces with DG Iray Surface Builder Shader Presets and Merchant Resource.
DG Iray Surface Builder takes a modular approach to customizing and creating very special fabrics. This set features cottons, denims, wools, corduroy, linen and woven fabrics.
Step 00 - Full Surface Presets. There is a selection of casual denim, brushed denim, rich wool, and basic cottons, set up and ready to go, along with an assortment of printed fabric.
Step 01 - Base Color. This partial surface presets set a color map in the base color, along with a coordinating, or contrasting, map in the backscatter color channel, and coordinating colors in the translucency and glossy colors.
Step 02 - Finishes. There are two each of denim, brushed denims, corduroys, cotton, linen, wool, and four generic weave finishes. Use these with the base colors, or apply to existing textures to change it up.
Step 03 - Embellishments. This set features 51 modern patterns to simulate a printed surface with 20 bright colors, and 30 dirt and grunge patterns with 10 colors. All modifications are done in the top coat. Apply right over an existing surface to add drama or details.
Step 04 - Tile and utilities. There are a smattering of general tiling presets, some to tile only the embellishments, embellishments off, and reset the Iray base shader to default.
Step 05 - Geometry Shell Dirt. The 30 dirt patterns and 10 colors are also saved as presets to use with geometry shells. The advantages of geometry shell presets are that they can be used with any existing texture, are visible in the preview viewport for easy placement, and effects can be layered by using multiple geometry shells on a single object, but they can take a bit longer to render than using the dirt only in the top coat channel.
This set is also a merchant resource and can be used to texture commercial and free items, as long as the resulting textures are baked to a texture map. Full details are in the read me. Permission is also granted to mix and match resources from this set with any other merchant resource shader set, as long as similar permission is also granted by the corresponding creator.
All of the partial surface presets are compatible with any other shader preset that uses the Iray Uber base shader.
What's Included and Features
- DG Iray Surface Builder - Cotton Denim Wool:
- Step 00
- 31 Full Surface Shader Presets
- Step 01 - Base Colors:
- 68 Partial Surface Presets
- Changes maps in Base Color, Translucency Color, Glossy Color, and Backscattering Color
- Step 02 - Finishes Partial Surface Presets:
- 2 Denim
- 2 Brushed Denim
- 2 Corduroy
- 2 Cotton
- 2 Linen
- 2 Wool
- 4 Woven
- Changes Glossy, Bump and Normal
- Step 3 - Embelishments Partial Surface Presets:
- 51 Make It Printed Patterns
- 30 Make It Dirty Patterns
- 30 Top Coat Colors for Prints or Dirt
- Changes Top Coat
- Step 4 - Tile and Utility Partial Surface Presets:
- 1 Reset Iray Base Shader
- 1 Top Coat Off
- 6 Print or Dirt Tiling Presets
- 6 Top Coat Weight and Roughness Presets
- 9 General Tiling Presets
- Step 05 - Geometry Shell Full Surface Presets:
- 30 Make It Dirty Patterns
- 10 Colors for Dirt
- Textures Include:
- 270 Texture, Glossy, Backscattering, Top coat, Bump, and Normal Maps (2000 x 2000)
- Daz Studio Iray Shader Presets (.DUF)
- This product includes:
- 1 DSON Core Installer
DAZ Studio 4.9
Daz Connect, Install Manager, Manual Install