This tutorial goes into best practices with virtual cameras and character composition in Daz Studio and the Reality plugin. It includes how the use of virtual cameras and composition of a scene can alter the way characters are portrayed.
This tutorial will be essential if you wish to :
- Improve the quality and impact of using character based promotional images.
- Jam up your knowledge of cameras and how they influence the look of a scene.
- Get the best out of the Reality plugin with exposure, film settings and lens effects
To get the most from this session you'll need:
- Daz Studio 4.8 or 4.9 installed
- Able to render images in Iray
- Reality 4.3 installed (if planning to use Reality/LuxRender controls)
- Able to render images in Reality 4.3
- Familiar with Daz Studio interface
- To be able to set up a scene including:
- Load and pose model
- Add hair, clothes, props, and other items to model and scene
- Set up and control lighting
About the presenter : Peter von Stackelberg
"Whether it's with words or images, I love to tell stories. I've been a storyteller as far back as I can remember - well before I made journalism my first career.
I studied journalism at Ryerson University (long before it was known as a university) and spent a number of years as an investigative journalist and news photographer. With the emergence of the web in the 1990s, I worked as a web designer, e-commerce developer, and IT project manager. In the early 2000s, I was a professional futurist doing technology forecasting and working as a technology strategist. I also began teaching college classes in strategic management, managing technology and innovation, project management, business communications, systems thinking, and other courses.
Through all of these jobs writing and visual communication remained a core part of the work I did.
I have a B.A. in Journalism from Ryerson University, an M.S. in Studies of the Future from the University of Houston-Clear Lake, and an M.S. in Information Design & Technology from SUNY IT (State University of New York Institute of Technology)."
What's Included and Features
- Tutorial length: 1 hour 45 minutes
- This is a HD quality recording originally presented as a live webinar. The tutorial includes Q and A interaction with the attendees.
- Daz Studio:
- Camera views explained
- Aspect ratios influencing artistic impact
- Camera presets
- Comprehensive training on using camera parameters to power up your scenes.
- Scene composition
- Best practices for cropping human figures
- Exposure controls; ISO, shutter, f-stop, DOF, film response
- Lights tab
- Render imaging tab; tone mapping, colour space, Gamma + film response, HDR histogram
- Lens effect: bloom, vignetting, C. aberration, glare
- The render light groups tab
- Daz Studio:
- This product includes:
- 1 General Installer
Install Manager, Manual Install