Texturing clothing made easy with this workshop!
esha takes you through the complete procedure for texturing clothing in this professionally edited and indexed video tutorial.
The series is presented in a workshop-like manner and esha has provided her working files for you to work along.
The series is broken into fifteen Chapters, and this first part includes the first three Chapters, consisting of eight sessions. Each session has been kept to an average running time of roughly 30 minutes in order to allow the student to absorb the material. At the end of each Chapter you'll find an assignment that will help you to review the information and put it into practice. If you work along with this course you'll have a finished texture project at the end of the workshop.
This first part covers how to set up a texturing project, how to save out your own templates, how to create seamless tiles out of scans or photographs, how to design your own complex overlay patterns and where to add seam lines on purpose.
The other parts of the series cover how to adjust a pattern to a template, how to fit borders along curved lines, how to create transparency for lace, how to use bump, normal and displacement maps, how to set up your shaders for fabric, leather, knitwear, metal and gemstones, how to save out presets that perform several tasks in one go, and how to collect your files for zipping them up.
If you're serious about creating your own textures, either for yourself or to distribute professionally, this is the best resource you could find on the topic!
All videos are fully indexed allowing you to jump to key points within the video and we've included a PDF file with hyperlinks to the videos allowing you to jump to a specific video as well as allowing you to keep notes of relevant time codes for your own reference.
The scans and seamless patterns included in this part can be used as merchant resources for your own personal and commercial texturing projects!
NOTE: The software used in this tutorial is Photoshop CS6, but many of the methods and techniques presented here will also be applicable to other software.
This is one part of a bundle. If you purchase the bundle you get the complete workshop at a nice discount and on top of that you'll also get the Little Red Dress outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) for free!
What's Included and Features
- The Complete Guide to Texturing Clothing - Part 1- Total Running Time: 4 hours and 12 minutes
- Chapter 1 - Getting Started
- Session 1
- Saving out templates
- Handling UDIM UVs
- Handling stacked UVs
- Working with UVMapper Pro
- Why resolution doesn't matter but size does
- Setting up a file for texturing in Photoshop
- Session 2
- Alternatives to UVMapper Pro
- Previewing textures in Daz Studio
- Session 3
- Adjusting template sizes to have the same pattern size on separate objects
- Session 4
- Blocking in texture areas
- The advantages of using vector shapes in Photoshop
- Using the Pen tool
- Experimenting with border widths
- How to line up areas across seamlines
- Session 1
- Chapter 2 - Basic Fabric Textures
- Session 5
- Working with layer styles in Photoshop
- Scaling pattern overlay styles
- Creating seamless patterns automatically
- Creating seamless patterns manually
- Fixing issues to improve seamless tiling
- Session 6
- Using layer blending modes for recoloring
- Using adjustment layers for changing brightness and saturation
- Working with layers masks
- Session 7
- Why seamlines are important
- Where to add them
- Seamlines as a design element
- Session 5
- Chapter 3 - Complex Fabric Textures
- Session 8
- Creating your own seamless designs
- Complex patterns
- Using transparent overlays
- Session 8
- Included Working Files:
- Dress obj file
- Bolero obj file with UDIM UVs
- Bolero obj file with stacked UVs
- Color checker texture (jpg file)
- Polka Dot texture file
- Included Resources (can be used as merchant resources)
- Five scans of fabric (png files)
- Five seamless fabric tiles (jpg files)
- Two layer styles for seamlines (Photoshop CS6 or higher)
- One brocade pattern (psd file)
- Additional Bonus
- Photoshop actions for texture creation (CS6 and higher)
- This product includes:
- 2 General Core Installers
Install Manager, Manual Install