Texturing clothing made easy with this workshop!
esha takes you through the complete procedure for texturing clothing in this professionally edited and indexed video tutorial.
The series is presented in a workshop-like manner and esha has provided her working files for you to work along.
The series is broken into fifteen Chapters, and this second part includes Chapters Four, Five and Six, consisting of six sessions. Each session has been kept to an average running time of roughly 30 minutes in order to allow the student to absorb the material. At the end of each Chapter you'll find an assignment that will help you to review the information and put it into practice. If you work along with this course you'll have a finished texture project at the end of the workshop.
This second part shows how to use Photoshop's extremely powerful Smart Objects feature to your advantage as a texture artist. We'll cover how to twist and warp a texture resource to fit into the template perfectly, different methods for creating borders and how to wrap them around curves, and also how to automatically paint in stitching along a vector path.
The other parts of the series cover how to save out your own templates, how to turn scans or photos into seamlessly tiling base fabrics, how to design complex seamless overlay patterns, how to create transparency for lace, how to use bump, normal and displacement maps, how to set up your shaders for fabric, leather, knitwear, metal and gemstones, how to save out presets that perform several tasks in one go, and how to collect your files for zipping them up.
If you're serious about creating your own textures, either for yourself or to distribute professionally, this is the best resource you could find on the topic!
All videos are fully indexed allowing you to jump to key points within the video and we've included a PDF file with hyperlinks to the videos allowing you to jump to a specific video as well as allowing you to keep notes of relevant time codes for your own reference.
The scan and seamless border included in this part can be used as merchant resource for your own personal and commercial texturing projects!
NOTE: The software used in this tutorial is Photoshop CS6, but many of the methods and techniques presented here will also be applicable to other software.
This is one part of a bundle. If you purchase the bundle you get the complete workshop at a nice discount and on top of that you'll also get the Little Red Dress outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) for free!
What's Included and Features
- The Complete Guide to Texturing Clothing - Part 2
- Total Running Time: 3 hours and 38 minutes
- Chapter 4 - The Power Of Smart Objects
- Session 9
- Placing patterns manually for a unique design
- Why to use smart objects
- Creating, manipulating and updating smart objects
- Chapter 5 - Fitting Patterns Into The Template
- Session 10
- Making the pattern follow the shape of the template
- Switching textures
- Working with symmetry and asymmetry
- Session 10
- Chapter 6 - Decorative Borders
- Session 11
- Turning a scan into a seamlessly tiling border
- Session 12
- Positioning borders along straight and curved lines
- Aligning seams across cuts in the UVs
- Session 13
- Using vector shapes for borders
- Using decorative fonts as border elements
- Using text tools to align a font border
- Session 14
- Brush settings for painting borders
- Automatically paint stitching along a path
- Session 11
- Checkerboard pattern
- Striped pattern
- Scan of an embroidered border (png file)
- Working file for seamless border (psd file)
- Swirly Ornament (png file)
- Seamless border (png file)
- Four stitching brush presets (Photoshop CS6 or higher)
- Photoshop actions for texture creation (CS6 and higher)
- This product includes:
- 4 General Installers
Install Manager, Manual Install