The Volkswagen Type 2 (aka Transporter) was the second automotive line introduced by German automaker Volkswagen. It was a van introduced in 1950, initially based on Volkswagen's first model, the Type 1, also known as the "Beetle". The Type 2 is generally considered to be the forerunner of modern cargo and passenger vans. The Type 2 spawned a number of imitators both in the United States and Europe including the Ford Econoline, Dodge A100 and the Chevrolet Corvan, the last even adopting the Type 2's rear-engine configuration. Updated versions of this line are still being actively produced in international markets, both as a passenger and cargo van and as a pickup truck.
During the hippie era in the United States, the Bus became a major counterculture symbol. There were several reasons: The van could carry a number of people plus camping gear and cooking supplies, extra clothing, do-it-yourself carpenter's tools, etc. As a "statement", its boxy, utilitarian shape made the Type 2 everything the American cars of the day were not. Used models were incredibly cheap to buy — many were hand-painted (a predecessor of the modern-day art car). Some Bus enthusiasts (especially for antiwar activists) would replace the VW logo with a painted peace symbol up front. Since that time, however, the original 1950–1967 Type 2 (primarily the pre-1956 barn-doors) has become a highly sought after collector's item.
* DAZ Studio prop: includes dsf, duf/ png, with approx 56,527 polygons.
* A Pose Control dial on the Body rotates all four wheels.
* Steering wheel is turnable and a Pose Control dial on the Body affects both the front wheels and steering wheel.
* Right and left front doors can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
- Handle doors can rotate.
* Right side doors can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
- Door handle can rotate.
* Left windows can open and close.
* Rear hatch can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
- Rear hatch handle can rotate.
* Five materials for the Body metal:
- Blue/ White (default)
- Lime Green
- Lemon Yellow
- Ice Blue
- Apple Red
* Five textures/ materials for the license plate:
- New York
- South Dakota
Also includes corresponding bump maps to simulate raised lettering on the plates.
The license plate is mapped the same as our other cars and trucks, which means you can use those textures on this model.
* Accurately reflecting mirrors.
* All of the materials use Iray shaders.
All sales images rendered in DAZ Studio with an HDRI skydome environment.
Designed for use in DAZ Studio 4.9 and above with Iray. Not recommended for use in other software programs.
Software: DAZ Studio 4 With IRAY