The body shape of this car was inspired by the Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am, third generation, circa 1983-1987, but with a more futuristic dashboard.
The third generation Trans Am was available from 1982 to 1992. Two modified Trans Am's were used on the 1980's TV show Knight Rider as KITT, the automotive star, and its evil counterpart KARR. In fact, a total of 23 cars were made for use in filming the series. All except one of these cars survived the series` run; all except 5 of the remaining 22 cars were destroyed at the end of filming.
* Poser figure: includes obj, cr2/ png, at 101,182 polygons.
* An ERC dial on the BODY rotates all four wheels.
* Steering wheel is turnable and an ERC dial on the BODY affects both the front wheels and steering wheel.
* Rear trunk can open and close, with an ERC dial on the BODY.
* Hood can open and close, with an ERC dial on the BODY.
-A low-polygon engine can be seen when you open the hood.
* Headlights rotate open and close, with an ERC dial on the BODY.
* Right and left sunroof panels can open and close, or be hidden to suit the needs of your scene.
* Spoiler can be hidden or shown to further customize the car.
* "Hood top" can be hidden or shown.
* Right and left doors can open and close, with an ERC dial on the BODY.
* Seats can move forward and backward to accommodate the various Poser figures.
* This car only has a rear license plate, which is not removable.
* The tires have modelled treads for extra detailing... no bump map needed.
* The car has two body metal materials to give it a "two-tone" look.
Textures/ MAT Poses:
* Six textures/ MAT poses:
-Red and Gray
* Five textures/ MAT poses for the license plate:
Also includes corresponding displacement maps to simulate raised lettering on the plates.
-Displacement mapping adds extra realism as the plate-lettering is three-dimensional.
The license plate is mapped the same as our other cars and trucks, which means you can use those textures on this model.
* Displacement maps on the dashboard controls add extra detaling.
* Accurately reflecting mirrors.
* The sunroof glass is a separate material which can be darkened or lightened.
* Templates are included and some are color-coded.
Hide/ Show Poses:
-Hide/ show hood top
-Hide/ show spoiler
-Hide/ show right sunroof
-Hide/ show left sunroof
For use in Poser 5 and above: uses procedural materials such as reflection, displacement, and blinn.
Note: All sales images were rendered in Poser 6. No post-work was used except for compositing.
DAZ Studio users: this model uses Poser's shader nodes on the BodyMetal material. Because of this, the model may import into DAZ Studio with all white colors. If this happens, you'll have to recolor the model using metallic car shaders for use in DAZ Studio.
- Poser 5 or above