Shark Tail for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female* consists of a set of geographs (tail and arm fins) that will transform your character** into a shark mermaid. Also included is a geoshell wearable to ensure a careful transition between your character and the attachments.
The transition has 4 different opacity mask styles, yielding even more variation. Five alternate shark colors will allow you to populate your sea with varying mermaids of sharks.
Of course, the devil is in the details, so we added tribal war paint to the design, which you can customize via 36 refinement material presets for the geoshell transition. These will allow you to add, remove, and change the war paints metallicity, emission, opacity, color, and style (through masks).
And since it is inconceivable that a fearsome shark mermaid would not have gotten into a fair share of fights, we included scars to showcase her trials and tribulations. Two different masks allow you to control the amount of flesh the scars will cover.
The best thing is that since we used the Daz 4-Layer PBR shader*** to build the designs through masks, the product not only saves on disk space by reducing the number of textures, but it also allows you to customize the overall look from the comfort of the Surfaces pane within Daz Studio.
So, whether your shark mermaid will become a mischievous being living her days exploring the vast abyss, a warrior defending her underwater realm, or a villain ready to strike, the choice is yours!
*Note: The geoshell textures in this product use the Genesis 8 Base Female UVs. An additional wearable has been set up to create compatibility with Genesis 8.1 Female characters.
**Limitations: While we tried to ensure the tail would work with many characters, some morphs may create bumps in the tail. Stylized and other extreme morphs, and/or characters with altered feet (aliens, creatures, and monsters) will break the end of the tail and/or have a strange transition between the torso and tail.
*** Important: While we have included a control rig to help you pose the tail, you can break the limits for more extreme posing or use the bones instead. Also, keep in mind that since we are using the 4-Layers PBR shader, the materials for the transition geoshell (overall look) will not be fully visible in viewport and the opacity will not be apparent, but the designer sets will render as shown in their icons.
What's Included and Features
- Shark Tail for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Females:
- Wearables (.DUF)
- Body Back Side-to-Side
- Body Back Twist
- Body Front Side-to-Side
- Body Front Twist
- Bottom Side-to-Side
- Bottom Twist
- Caudal Bottom Side-to-Side
- Caudal Bottom Twist
- Caudal Top Side-to-Side
- Caudal Top Twist
- Caudal Whole Side-to-Side
- Caudal Whole Twist
- Dorsal Back Side-to-Side
- Dorsal Back Twist
- Dorsal Front Side-to-Side
- Dorsal Front Twist
- Left Pectoral Twist
- Left Pelvic Twist
- Right Pectoral Twist
- Right Pelvic Twist
- Shark Apply All
- Shark Apply All 8.1
- Shark Arm Fin Left
- Shark Arm Fin Right
- Shark Tail
- Shark Transition Geoshell
- Shark Transition Geoshell 8.1
- Hierarchical Iray Material Preset (.DUF)
- 00 White Shark All
- 54 Materials Iray (.DUF)
- Layered Image Editor (.DUF)
- 02.6 Trans War Paint Magic LIE Back Only
- 02.6 Trans War Paint Magic LIE Tail Only
- Property Preset (.DUF)
- 04 Zero Shark Tail
- Info (.TIP)
- 00 !Info White Shark
- 01 !Info Transition Alt Looks
- 01.2 !Info Transition Style
- 02 !Info War Paint Effects
- 02.4 !Info War Paint Style
- 02.5 !Info Trans War Paint Magic Effect
- 02.6 Trans War Paint Magic LIE !Info
- 03 !Info Trans Scar Effect
- Textures Include:
- 77 Texture Maps (PNGs) for Base Color, Height, Normal, Specular, Emission, and Transparency (100 x 100 to 4096 x 4096)
- Texture Templates available through the Product Library.
- Alternative set of UVs are included for ease of use in programs such as Substance Painter (G8M UDIM 1008-1010).
- DAZ Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF)
- This product uses DAZ Studio’s Iray 4-Layer Uber PBR Shader
- This product uses Genesis 8 Base Female UVs.
Genesis 8.1 Female, Genesis 8 Female
Daz Studio 4.20
DazCentral, Daz Connect, DIM, Manual Install