Soft Skin Transitions for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males is a set of opacity masks applied to a geoshell that will allow you to quickly and easily create transitions between 2 skins applied to a single character from within the comfort of Daz Studio.
This pack was intended as a companion product for our Alternate Textures for Oso Newt and Genesis 8.1 Males pack, but it’s designed to allow you to combine almost any skin* in your arsenal to create a brand new look.
This is perfect to show a character that may have been experimented on. Or perhaps he’s the product of 2 races coming together and producing an entirely new way of life. It’s up to you what type of meaning you’ll give the resulting skin!
This utility pack consists of 3 Wearable Presets, 55 LIE Mask Presets, and 18 Visibility Presets. The product should work with both Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males. And since Genesis 3 uses the same UVs as Genesis 8, the presets should be compatible to work with the previous generation so long as the skin applied to the transitional geoshell wearable uses the base male UVs.
While this was created to blend 2 skins together via different transitions, you could push the product further by blending in other types of materials. To that end, we included 5 bonus metallic material presets to blend into the underlying skin.
Of course, keep in mind that when using shaders, there are limitations, which are explained in detail in the included PDF readme. In short, you’ll need to set the tiling to 1 and use the Base Male UVs for the masks to look as intended. This will most certainly result in seams across the surfaces if the materials in question were not made specifically for the Base UVs. In the case of our bonus materials, they should yield no seams.
*Important: Only skins using Daz Iray Uber Base Shader can be applied to the geoshell as the cutout opacity channel is required to build the blending transitions. That said, your character CAN use the latest PBR skin shader (as the underlying skin). It’s just the geoshell that’s not compatible with the PBR skin shader.
A PDF readme guide has been included to guide you through the process of using this product from its installation to its limitations and workarounds.
*Neither this or its female equivalent product is a merchant resource.
What's Included and Features
- Soft Skin Transition for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Males:
- 01 Apply Trans Shell to 8.1M with 8.1M UVs
- 01 Apply Trans Shell to 8.1M with 8M UVs
- 01 Apply Trans Shell to 8M
- Iray Material Presets
- 01.2 Transition Material 8.1 Bronze
- 01.2 Transition Material 8.1 Gold
- 01.2 Transition Material 8.1 Metallic Aqua
- 01.2 Transition Material 8.1 Metallic Black
- 01.2 Transition Material 8.1 Silver
- 01.2 Transition Material Bronze
- 01.2 Transition Material Gold
- 01.2 Transition Material Metallic Aqua
- 01.2 Transition Material Metallic Black
- 01.2 Transition Material Silver
- 01.3 Prepare Trans for 8.1M
- 01.3 Prepare Trans for 8M
- 51 (LIE) Layered Image Editor Presets
- Property Presets (Visibility)
- 03 Trans Eye Left Visibility ON
- 03 Trans Eye Right Visibility ON
- 03 Trans Eyes Visibility OFF
- 03 Trans Fingernails Visibility OFF/ON
- 03 Trans Toenails Visibility OFF/ON
- 04 Trans Visibility 8.1 Full
- 04 Trans Visibility 8.1 High
- 04 Trans Visibility 8.1 Med
- 04 Trans Visibility Low
- 04 Trans Visibility Full/High/Med/Low
- 05 Transition Shell Offset Closer
- 05 Transition Shell Offset Farther
- 05 Transition Shell Offset Reset
- Information Files
- 00 !Read Me
- 00 !Steps Info
- 01.2 Apply Second Skin Info 01
- 01.2 Apply Second Skin Info 02
- 02 !Apply Masks Info
- 02 About 8.1 Presets Info
- 03 !Trans Visibility Info
- 04 !Trans Opacity Info
- 05 !Offset Info
- Textures Include:
- 72 Texture, and Opacity maps (4096 x 4096)
- Daz Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF)
- Daz Studio Layered Image Material Presets (.DUF)
- This product uses the Genesis 8 & 8.1 Base Male's UVs.
Genesis 8 Male, Genesis 8.1 Male
Daz Studio 4.20
DazCentral, Daz Connect, DIM, Manual Install