The first generation is most commonly referred to as a solid-axle, based on the fact that independent rear suspension (IRS) was not available until 1963. The first generation started in 1953 and ended in 1962, with the noteworthy addition of optional fuel injection in mid-1957 (also available on Chevrolet Bel Air). Fuel injection first saw regular use on a gasoline engine two years prior on the Mercedes-Benz 300SL "gullwing" roadster. Other early options included power windows (1956), hydraulically operated power convertible top (1956), four speed manual transmission (late 1957), and heavy duty brakes and suspension (1957). The car nearly died in 1955, but that year a V-8 replaced the six-cylinder used in 1953 and 1954.
* DAZ Studio prop: dsf, duf/ png, at 78,514 polygons.
* The trunk can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* The right and left doors can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* All four wheels can be removed from the car.
- A Pose Control dial on the Body rotates all four wheels.
- A Pose Control dial on the Body steers the front two wheels.
* Steering wheel is turnable and a Pose Control dial on the Body affects both the front wheels and steering wheel.
* The right and left foot pedals can move front-to-back.
* Note: unlike the previous cars, the seats in this car are non-moveable.
* All four wheels include a "Flat Tire" morph to simulate a flat tire.
Textures/ Material Files:
* Nine material files to change the color of the body metal:
- Blue/ White
- Green/ White
- Red/ White
- Yellow/ White
* Five material files to change the license plate:
* Displacement mapping on the license plate adds extra realism as the plate-lettering is three-dimensional.
(License plate is mapped the same as our other cars and trucks, which means you can use those textures on this model.)
* All of the materials use Iray shaders.
All sales images rendered in DAZ Studio with an HDRI skydome environment.
Designed for use in DAZ Studio 4.9 and above with Iray. Not recommended for use in other software programs.
Software: DAZ Studio 4 With IRAY