The F-5A/B Freedom Fighter and F-5E/F Tiger II are part of a family of widely used light supersonic fighter aircraft, designed and built by Northrop in the United States, beginning in 1960s. Hundreds remain in service in Air Forces around the world as of the early 21st century, and the type formed the basis for a number of other aircraft. Production ended in 1972 and 1987 for the F-5A and the upgraded F-5E respectively.
The aircraft family started as a privately funded light fighter by Northrop in the 1950s. The first generation F-5 Freedom Fighter entered service in the 1960s. Over 800 were produced through 1972 for U.S. Allies during the cold war. The USAF had no need for a light fighter but it did need a trainer and procured about 1,200 of the same basic airframe to this purpose, the T-38 Talon.
* DAZ Studio prop: dsf, duf/ png, with 67,963 polygons.
* Canopy can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* Landing gear can raise and lower, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* Landing gear doors can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* Tail rudder can rotate left-right, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
* The right and left wing flaps can rotate up and down; there are two flaps on each wing.
- One Pose Control dial rotates all wing flaps up or down.
- A second Pose Control dial rotates the wing flaps in opposite directions, as if the aircraft was turning.
* Air-brake doors (beneath the fuselage) can open and close, with a Pose Control dial on the Body.
-Accurately-moving "gas cylinders" also move with the air-brake doors.
* The lower fuel tank is a separate body part which can be removed from the aircraft (and positioned elsewhere) or hidden from the scene.
* Texture maps for the side, top, and bottom, at 1024x575 pixels.
* Bump maps for the sides, top, and bottom, at 1024x575 pixels.
* All of the materials use Iray shaders.
All sales images rendered in DAZ Studio with an HDRI skydome environment.
Designed for use in DAZ Studio 4.9 and above with Iray. Not recommended for use in other software programs.
Software: DAZ Studio 4 With IRAY