Would you like to experiment with your lighting or play with colors, without having to re-render your scene? Render Canvases, in combination with a 2D image editing program, allow you to do exactly that.
The tutorial Daz Studio Training Intermediate 03 - Render Canvases & Postwork will show you how to use Render Canvases in postwork to control the light of each light source (or groups of lights) individually, how to re-color it, how to use canvases to make complex selections like hair or fur, how to add depth of field lens blur after the render is finished and several other tricks.
This training series goes beyond a traditional tutorial. It consists of two parts:
- The Videos: Focus on the topic. No lengthy introductions, no background music, no fuss. You don't need to watch me setting up a scene because you're perfectly capable of doing that on your own. The videos concentrate on the interesting parts. Each video has an index with markers that allow you to jump between subtopics.
- The PDF Companion File: Serves as a cheat sheet and reference guide. Looking something up in print is often quicker than re-watching a video. The PDF will help you to refresh your memory, giving short instructions for each topic. The time codes next to each step will help you to find the relevant place in the video if you want to review that portion.
This session is focusing on setting up canvases and using them in a 2D image editing program. I will be using Photoshop CS6 in this tutorial but you could also use a different version or another program that supports files in 32bit color, for example, GIMP.
This is NOT about how to set up a scene, but knowing how to use canvases will help you with setting up your scenes and planning your renders, as it unlocks many additional possibilities.
What's Included and Features
- Daz Studio Training Intermediate 03 Render Canvases & Postwork: (MP4)
- Total Running Time 1 Hour 40 Minutes
- 3a Render Canvases Basics 32 minutes
- 3b Exposure Adjustments: 11 minutes
- 3c Light Group Canvases: 27 minutes/li>
- 3d More Canvases: 13 minutes
- 3e Tweaking Lights: 14 minutes
- Bonus: Render Settings Preset: 4 minutes
- Documentation: (.PDF)
- Intermediate Session 03 - Render Canvases & Postwork
DazCentral, DIM, Manual Install