Digital Kit Bashing : How to create new innovative props and scenes all from your existing content
Drew Spence presents a tutorial on how to extend the usefulness of your Daz Studio library. Learn how produce your dream place or prop!
Drew will include highly recommended resources as part of this comprehensive process to give you “prop permutations” from your library. Save money by utilizing your existing assets to the max!
In this tutorial:
- Two kit bashing case studies
- The best product and product types to facilitate kit-bashing.
- Generating textures and creating a uniform look.
- Shading props and tailoring the feel of your assets.
- Expert uses of scale and lighting to create a signature style
What you’ll need for this series:
- Daz Studio
- Photoshop or a photo-editing program (light use)
About the Presenter : Drew Spence
Drew Spence is a graphic comic writer and illustrator from the United States. He creates under the title of The Dynamic Universe. He has combined his music and video into several works- including Mark of the Griffin, which is both a graphic novel and web series. He's also part of the instrumental group Fallout Shelter which provides the soundtrack.
Drew Spence is a graduate of Stony Brook University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Fine Art and holds various certificates - from graphic arts to web design. Drew Spence was the CEO and Editor-in-chief of Producer's Edge magazine, a quarterly publication dedicated to all aspects of music production. He currently lives on Long Island, New York and produces his work from the aptly named Fallout Shelter Studios, where he crafts crafty and clever comics using Daz Studio at the heart of his workflow.
What's Included and Features
- Digital Kit Bashing : Easily Create Innovative Props and Scenes:
- Tutorial video : 1 hour and 40 minutes
- 00:03 Introduction
- 00:05 Advantages of Kit Bashing
- 00:05 How to look for good kit-bashing content to utilise
- 00:09 Kit Bashing Case Study 1 : Retro Muscle car
- 00:11 Considering the underside of the car
- 00:14 Altering the license plate
- 00:17 Using prop freebies to customise the car to a sci-fi style
- 00:19 Adding futuristic looking hubcaps
- 00:25 Roll bars
- 00:27 Attention to details on the car
- 00:32 Hide details we don't need introduced by greebles
- 00:34 Using emissive accessories for the car
- 00:36 Applying a night HDRI to test the lighting on the car
- 00:37 Applying a Shader for consistency across the model
- 00:43 Kit Bashing Case Study 2 : Building a prison set
- 00:46 Considering a set to be used with multiple camera angles
- 00:48 Considering the functionality in a room for the story
- 00:55 Question on texture and polygons and use of Scene Optimizer
- 01:00 Sci-fi rooms. The Sci-fi brig construction set
- 01:02 Kit bashing a medieval room
- 01:04 Medieval hallway
- 01:05 Brazier!
- 01:10 Comic book examples
- 01:11 Using 3D lettering assets as signage or greebles
- 01:16 Importing and converting 3rd party products for Daz Studio usage
- 01:20 Building a quick spaceship
- 01:25 Considering a Kit bashing resource : the Zollace outfit sci-fi suit
- 01:35 Using the INSIDE of assets as a kit bashing idea
Install Manager, Manual Install