In thistutorial workshop,Creative Posing: Making It Your Own, we had a round table discussionon posing your Daz Studio characters. How do you really make poses your own to get the body language and dynamic you need when posing your character?
Artists from the Daz Studio community shared their artwork, tips, and recommended resources on the subject, such as:
- Applying poses originally built fordifferent figures
- Using Puppeteer
- Hand grasps
- Inverse Kinematics
- Posing more challenging characters
- "Hidden" pose controls
- Reproducing poses in promo images
- Pinning joints or limbs
Therecording is searchable on any word or phrase spoken during the presentation and includes captions.
Sample searchable video:
About Digital Art Live
We've been connecting, educating, and inspiring digital artists in our weekly live webinars since 2013. Look out for our live events in our DigitalArtLive.Studio forum.
What's Included and Features
- Creative Posing: Making It Your Own: (.DUF)
- Total running time : 1 hour and 23 minutes
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:01 Lewis Slater : Applying a pose from a different figure
- 00:02 Using puppeteer : great for adjusting
- 00:03 Hand grasp with puppeteer tab.
- 00:09 About Inverse Kinematics posing
- 00:14 Bend / Twist / Side-Side movements in parameters
- 00:18 Bob Keck : Recommendation for "Look at Me 2" pose control by Riversoft Art
- 00:20 Leyla Munteanu : Posing with SASE Jazz for Sahira 8
- 00:23 Using Genesis 2 and 3 poses for artwork
- 00:28 A natural jump pose
- 00:34 Trevor Hancock : Cyberpunk apartment
- 00:39 Preschool millennium kids poses
- 00:42 Fantasy artwork
- 00:45 Karen Williams : happy accidents!
- 00:47 Posing unusual characters without many joints
- 00:49 The challenge with posing hands and fingers
- 00:52 Inverse Kinematics with a prop such as a hat
- 00:56 Turning clothing into props.
- 01:00 Tiffanie Gray : Posing a four armed character!
- 01:05 Karen Williams : selecting pelvis and using pose controls
- 01:06 Using "hidden" pose controls
- 01:07 Using pinning
- 01:08 Slater Lewis : Brushing teeth pose
- 01:09 Reproducing promo images
- 01:12 The promos don't always have the same poses used in the sets.
- 01:14 A finger snap pose
- 01:17 Rarestone's fashion poses for G8
- 01:18 Using a G3 pose on a G8 figure
- 01:20 Pin transforms
DazCentral, DIM, Manual Install