Skin shaders can really enhance a character and provide a stunning look. But what happens when you need to swap a skin texture to another character? What are the best resources for skin shaders? How can you adapt or edit a shader to fine tune how your character looks?
In this webinar recording of a community workshop we've brought together the collective minds of DAZ Studio artists to share valuable experience on skin shaders, textures and lighting skin. The workshop included sharing of artwork demonstrating how effective some of these shaders can be, given the proper lighting of course!
- 5 Tips for avoiding grainy/speckling portrait renders including postwork tips
- Discussion on skin art
- How to make darker skin tones look better
- Skin tones and color sets in images
- Interchangeable Genesis 3 and 8 skin shaders
- Demonstration of Babina 8 with Genesis 3 and 8 skin textures.
- N.G.S. Anagenessis for Genesis 3
- Fantasy skins
- Changing the color of skins
- Ageing skin
We've been connecting, educating and inspiring digital artists in our weekly live webinars since 2013. Look out for our community live workshops at the Digital Art Live website and our other tutorial products in the Daz 3D store.
Product cover artwork : Africa by Shibashake
What's Included and Features
- SHADERS : Skin Shaders Community Workshop
- Webinar recording : 1 hour 28 minutes
- 1 x PDF magazine on skin shaders
- Video time index
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:01 Tasos Anastasiades Tshares 3 images.
- 00:07 Question - grainy renders with emissive lights
- 00:10 Bob K shares portrait artwork
- 00:13 Skin art
- 00:17 Skin tones and color sets in an image
- 00:20 Adding translucency to skin at 25%
- 00:24 David shares his renders : two contrasting characters
- 00:25 Lighting
- 00:26 Chromatic skin effect
- 00:28 Recommendation on N.G.S. Anagenessis for Genesis 3
- 00:29 Curve adjustment layer for color in Photoshop to help the skin pop
- 00:34 Differentiating characters in the same scene by skin textures
- 00:38 Trevor Hancock's question : is skin tone really even throughout the texture shown on the body?
- 00:44 Trevor Hancock's images : Agrippina HD Babina 8
- 00:45 Genesis 3 Adele's skin on Babina 8
- 00:46 Geoshells filling in gaps in the UV map
- 00:48 Genesis 3 and 8 are interchangeable
- 00:48 Tempest HD (G3) skin
- 00:48 Maria for V8
- 00:49 Gudrun HD for G8 using Easy Portrait Lights
- 00:52 Ryker HD for Vladmir 8. Transfer of hair.
- 00:54 Marcos working with darker and mid-tone skins
- 00:57 Three DAZ character renders, used for an audio drama
- 00:59 Scars for skin
- 01:01 Does darker skin need more shine?
- 01:02 Recreating a character with medusa hair
- 01:04 Big guy - the Hulk type skin
- 01:07 Merging the fantastic with the mundane
- 01:08 She Hulk character : getting a great green skin tone
- 01:10 Challenges with changing the colour of the skin
- 01:12 Older skin
- 01:14 The headlights problem : waxy skin
- 01:14 Using real skin photo references
- 01:16 Peter von Stackelberg on aged skin
- 01:18 Peach fuzz
- 01:22 Peter von Stackelberg on lighting darker skinned characters
- 01:24 Ageing morphs for Genesis 3 and 8
DAZ Studio 4.12